“Personal Information” is any information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked to you or your household, including your name, address, phone number or email address.
Personal Information We May Collect Via the Sites
Through your use of the Sites and your direct communications with us, we may collect two different types of Personal Information about you: Personal Information you provide directly to us and Personal Information we collect through technology.
Information You Provide Directly to Us
We may collect the following types of Personal Information directly from you via the Sites or through your direct interactions with us outside of the Sites:
● Phone number
● Organization or employer name
● Email address
● Credit card, bank information or other financial information
Information We Collect Via the Sites Through Technology
When you visit the Sites, we may collect information through technology about you that could be considered Personal Information. For example, we may collect information about your browser type and/or your location each time you visit the Sites. The Sites collect this information (“Technical Data”) automatically, and we may use the Technical Data we receive from the Sites to ensure the Sites are functional. We may also use and retain Technical Data from the Sites to generate aggregate statistics about visitors to our sites and to otherwise analyze the visits to our Sites.
Information Provided by Third Parties
We may receive certain Personal Information about you from third parties that is otherwise publicly available. We may combine such Personal Information provided by third parties with Personal Information you give directly to us via the Sites as addressed above.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information we receive from you via the Sites or from your interactions with us outside of the Sites for the following reasons, among others:
● To provide you with information about our work or our activities;
● To fundraise in accordance with our internal policies and procedures;
● To organize events that you have registered for, and to provide you with information, and other materials, relating to the content of the event, the speakers, sponsors and other attendees;
● To process donations or other forms of support;
● With your consent, to provide our newsletters and publications;
● To respond to your questions and provide related services;
● To respond to applications for employment or volunteering;
● To administer our Sites and for other internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
● To improve our Sites and ensure that content is presented most effectively;
● As part of our efforts to keep our Sites safe and secure;
● To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
● To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Sites that may interest; and
● Where we are required by law to use your information for certain purposes.
Who Your Personal Information Is Shared With
Other than in certain circumstances (as described below), we will not share your Personal Information with any third parties without your consent.
We may disclosure your Personal Information to help enforce our partners’ Hotlines’ Terms of Service, to protect your safety or security, or to protect our rights or those of third parties.
Protection of Information
We endeavor to keep your Personal Information secure. We use technical, administrative, and physical methods designed to maintain the integrity and security of your information, including the use of encryption and reputable services providers. Please be aware though that there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet, and third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we will not be responsible or liable for any damages, losses, or causes of action arising out of or in connection with the inadvertent or unauthorized disclosure of your Personal Information. You use our Sites and send information at your own risk.
Our Sites do not knowingly collect, solicit or retain Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13. In the event we learn that we collected Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13, we will use best efforts to remove that information as quickly as possible.
If you believe that we might have any information from or about anyone under the age of 13, please contact us at please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Sites and service providers use “cookies,” which are text files placed on your computer, to distinguish you from other users of the Sites. This helps us to, among other things, ensure functionality of the Sites and to customize and improve the content and layout of the Sites.
Most browsers allow you to manage how cookies are set and used as you’re browsing, and to clear cookies and browsing data. For more information regarding the management of cookies, please check your browser settings.
Although not through cookies, we also measure the success of the emails we send using analytic tools provided by Google Analytics.
Rebuild Your Laugh may collect your email address via cookies and pixels on the Sites, using trusted third-party partners. These partners may combine your email information with other information they have access to, such as your mailing address, so that Rebuild Your Laugh may serve relevant marketing offers to you. If you do not want Rebuild Your Laugh to contact you, please contact us at email@example.com
Third Party Sites
Rebuild Your Laugh’s activities are focused on the United States. While the Internet allows our Sites to be accessed from anywhere in the world, Rebuild Your Laugh is not targeting its actions or Sites to users in other countries. If you access our Sites from outside the United States, it is your responsibility to comply with local laws in doing so.